"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Stepping Out of the Comfort Zone

Most of the past 20 yrs I've participated in an online art quilt challenge.   Once created the quilts are displayed in a special exhibit at one or more of the major quilt shows back on the east coast.   Because they are in a special exhibit, there is no judging.    

And I've never entered a quilt into any other show.....the net result is that I've never submitted a quilt for judging in all of my years of quilting.

Back in August of this year, however, I received an email from the Road to California quilt show that talked about due dates for quilt entries into the show.  And since this I've debated about whether to submit one to for jurying into the show.  And this week I received a reminder email about the due date for entries which is October 2.   

I think I'm going to step out of my box and enter a quilt to see if it'll be accepted into the show.  It has to be one finished since 1/1/16, so most likely the art quilt one to the right here (the river & canoe).   I finished that one for the art quilt challenge in 2017.

I'd like to enter the lady bug one I completed this year, but won't have it back from all the shows that it was in over the summer in time to get a close up picture of it.

So what have you done lately to step outside of any box you've found yourself in?



Gratitudes:
1. My needs are always met by the one who holds me in His hand.

2. For the commissioned work that is coming my way.

6 comments:

e said...

So excited for you to enter a jurried show. You are an amazing quilter. Saying prayers for blessings during the whole process.

Kayaking quilter said...

Go for it. I have never entered a show either. It is good to think and do things outside the box. Let us know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us
so I came to give it a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking
and will be tweeting this to my followers! Excellent blog and great design and style.

Farm Quilter said...

Good for you!! I submitted pictures of a quilt to be in the MQX quilt show somewhere back east. The quilt was accepted but I chickened out on mailing the quilt because it was a special quilt I made for my daughter who loves wolves and for a challenge in my quilt guild. The quilt can be found here: http://farmquilter.blogspot.com/2011/02/will-wolf-survive.html I can't wait to hear if your quilt is accepted!!!

Deb Fox-McHugh said...

That’s awesome!i have never entered a show either and am getting up the courage to enter a local one this coming summer!

Susan said...

Uh-uh! Not me. I'm staying right here in my nice safe box! But for you and your career as an art quilter, I think it's great. Of the two, the lady bug is my favorite, but the other one had significant meaning to it.