"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, October 1, 2018

Mystery Quilt Along Finish

Two friends and I split one yard of the mystery fabric.  I used a FQ of the challenge fabric.

The yellow print is the challenge print and my FQ was almost completely used in making the quilt top.

The fabrics that I set it with included assorted white-on-whites and this blue print.   All of which came from the assorted scraps that I've collected lately. 

Yes, the blue print was all scraps and not yardage.  I had used some of it in the scrappy blocks for this teddy bear quilt shown on the bottom of the page.  This quilt used up most of what I had left, the rest are in the pile to go to someone else. 

These offset 4-patches were set with solid squares of the blue print and were turned in opposing directions to get the pops of color more intense.

This is my finished quilt top.   I'm planning on donating it to Sunshine Quilts.  I'll send it to someone else to quilt because time to do so doesn't seem to be getting any closer in my schedule.

Don't forget to go check out what everyone else who to part in the Mystery QAL did this round -

Here are the links for everyone participating, at some point today they should be posting about what they did this round:


Gratitudes:

1. Being able to set notices up for bank accounts

2. For having an anchor that holds no matter the turmoil going on around me.

4 comments:

Creativeblonde66 said...

I love this, so soft and pretty ♥

Tracy said...

I love it Moira!❤️❤️ You girls are so smart to split the yardage!! I think the Mystery pop of yellow is perfect for this quilt:). Thank you so much for joining in the fun! —Tracy😊❤️

stitchingirlblog.wordpress.com said...

That blue fabric goes so well with the mystery fabric! I love your quilt!

Susan said...

It doesn't look anything like what I expected. LOL, but it looks great! I like the little touch of the yellow. It brings the color out in the blues, too.