"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, October 1, 2018

October Foot Squared Free-style blocks

I'm in the F2F swap again this year and always enjoy the blocks that I receive when it's my month.  The purpose of the groups is for each member to make and sent 3 foot-square blocks each month to the member who's turn it is and this month it is my turn to receive the blocks. 

Each member of the swap gives the colors that they'd like the blocks to be in, and include pics to show examples.

Mine started with this print of wonderful feathers and birds eggs.    These colors work well with the tile that is in my kitchen.

























9.3 oz. Canvas Duck CreamThis duck is similar to the fabric that I'll be using to make the curtain panels. That will go up in the dining room area (aka my sewing room!) and the living room.   I want the same basic colors in both because it is an open area and all flows together.

 Below are the four blocks that I made for myself.  The two basket block were 9" finished orphan blocks that i've had for years.   They were in the perfect colors for my purpose so i bordered them out to 12" finished to fit with everything else.

I've heard that the first blocks are on their way and i'm looking forward to seeing them as they arrive.


Gratitudes:

1. No rain over the weekend when my family was here.

2. For another week of work.




2 comments:

Susan said...

What fun when it's your month! I know you will get some great blocks. I had forgotten about that nifty wall you have there!

Farm Quilter said...

What a fun quilt and I love the colors in your tile!! I can't wait to see what blocks you end up with and what the finished quilt looks like!