"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Challenge Quilt for QuiltCon 2019 Underway

The Modern Quilt Guild (MQG) has an annual Quilt Show that moves around the country each year.   And usually there are one or two challenges for each show.  This fall I signed up to get one of the challenge packs of fabrics from MQG and Michael Miller fabrics.

The challenge is to make a quilt using at least 3 of the four fabrics that were supplied by Michael Miller Fabrics, and the peach had to be one of them.   The fabrics supplied included 3 colors of their Hash Dot fabric, and the Peach which is from the Cotton Couture collection.   Quilters could add any color from the Cotton Couture collection, but only these three Hash Dot fabrics.  All supplied fabrics were 9" by 22" in size.

I chose to add the natural colored Cotton Couture for the background on my quilt.  I was just able to get the correct number of pieces I needed of the peach out of the piece they sent.  I had been able to find more of the other two fabrics in order to get what I needed.

I'll be working with my custom design for this challenge and have even figured out how i'm going to quilt it (lots of work for this). 

First block is now made, but not trimmed.   Will do the rest of the blocks tonite.

Once the blocks are done then I'll start piecing the back for it.


Gratitudes:

1. Was finally able to the a computer program to behave this morning at work.  (an MS product, need I say more?)

2.  It looks like I'll have 3 weeks to get this quilted without too much stress!

3. Found the perfect backing fabric for the next UFO to be quilted.

3 comments:

sophie said...

It looks interesting so far ... can't wait to see where you go with this.

Susan said...

The block is wonderful, and the colors look good together. Your gratitudes are awesome!

e said...

Wishing you all the best in this challenge and looking forward to your progress.