"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Squirrel Tracks...........

I found this still shot taken from the movie " " when doing a google search for something and thought it was all too appropriate for me and how my quilting usually goes.  The scene is one from the movie "Up" captioning added by someone else (found on TheMetaPicture.com).

This reminds me of what I'm like as a quilter.




A remnant of embroidered, light-weight denim.  Embroidery is along one selvage.  I fell in love with this piece.   Current plane is to fussy cut the sections (there are 3 of them) and then applique each of them onto a cover for a passport wallet and the finish as normal.

This has me wondering what other embroidered denims might be in my stash that would for the wallets....hmmmm, time to go stash diving sometime.
Top two here are quilting cottons and the bottom print is a home dec weight cotton.   I thought the thread spools and the bottom one might appeal to quilters.
Lovely travel prints - black/white one was a remnant.  Both of them are home dec fabrics.
Left-hand fabrics are quilting cottons, right hand one is a home dec fabric.
And lastly, the quilt license plate fabric from last year......again to appeal to quilters.  =)

So many cute fabrics to act as squirrels for me.....lol.



Gratitudes:

1. I may need to make things to sell, but at least I've got cute fabrics to work with.

2. For good possibilities to sell what i make.

2 comments:

e said...

Lots of beautiful fabrics. Now to find the time to make them up :)

Susan said...

Those are all great choices. Are the home dec fabrics hard to sew? Love the denim. That would have made great jeans like the ones I have that Candi gave me with embroidered flowers up the leg.