"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Quilt Shop Anniversary....

The closest quilt shop to me is Stitchin Heaven (an hour away) and they celebrated their 22nd anniversary this past weekend.  they were running some great sales to celebrate - buy 11 yds of fabric - get 11 free, buy 11 notions/thread/books - get 11 free, and buy 11 FQ's - get 11 free.   

 I did take advantage of the FQ's and the thread sale.   And picked up a couple of pieces of yardage.   I'm thinking the license plates fabric will make some cute passport wallets.






In addition to the sales, from what I've found out each year they give away something in the same amount as the years they've been around.   This year it was 22 quilts.   For the last 6 weeks everyone who made a purchase of a certain level got a raffle ticket.   To win though you had to be present on Saturday.  People could win more than one quilt. 

I was fortunate to win two quilts.   The first one being this Christmas quilt.    It is a lap quilt size.   And even more fun, it has miniature lights as part of it.   It'll be a fun one to display at Christmas since I don't have a tree anymore.
And the second one that I selected was this wallhanging.   I need to do a wee bit of stitching on it because the "in progress" words are only ironed on and they aren't holding well.  But that is a minor thing.   Need to find a place to hang it as well.


Gratitudes:

1. Lots of rain which was needed here (altho we didn't need the flooding!)

2. For God's enabling of me to continue to pay off debt in spite of all that is going on these days.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, so it was worth it to go get your quilt winnings! What a wonderful deal that you won two, and that second one will look so good in the studio! Looks like a plethora of wonderful thread, too.

Farm Quilter said...

You scored all the way around!!! Congratulations on winning two quilts!!