"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Mid-week Progress

Slow progress this week.........

This has been trimmed to size........but I need to do a wee bit of squaring up on that left side 'cause it isn't straight....argh.   Or I may just leave it and finish as is.  Still thinking about thread color and I'm thinking about using a variegated grey Aurifil thread for the top, and maybe a black or dark grey for the back.









This is the Michael Miller backing fabric that I found at Hobby Lobby.  Colors are perfect for the required colors.  I'm was tempted to quilt this one from the back, but am sticking to my initial plan with the motif that fits with the blocks.

Hand basting session coming up on it because I don't want to deal with pins while quilting it.

I've started the final commissioned passport wallet.   Everything is ready for me to start the stitching and putting it together.
More progress has been made on this.   And two more rows have been sewn on since this picture was taken last night.   Just the top row remains (all 4-patches).

I'm thinking of submitting this design for possible publication to Make Modern Magazine which is a digital quilt magazine. 

I'd have to make another sample, but it goes together quickly and I've plenty of scraps to make it out of.  Any ideas for color combos should I need them?

Gratitudes:

1. God got me safely to work in the rain, in spite of a windshield wiper that was doing its best to totally come apart on my drive in at 5 am.

2. For a new wiper blade that works wonderfully!


No comments: