"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, October 26, 2018

Stretching Art 20th year

The 20th anniversary edition of the Stretching Art challenge has a theme of "Twenty" which left me blank on what to do.

I've decided to do something using Fractals.  For those that don't know what a fractal is, the best definition that I've found online is this - "A fractal is a never-ending pattern. Fractals are infinitely complex patterns that are self-similar across different scales. They are created by repeating a simple process over and over in an ongoing feedback loop."  From The Fractal Foundation.

Currently I'm thinking I may use some of my stash of silks to make the circles.  I've a couple of fabrics with opalescent dots all over them that will make a nice background for the quilt, and I'm hoping that I'll have enough for the binding on it as well.

Current layout idea is something along the lines in my sketch.   There will be 20 circles, or parts there of since some of them may drift off the sides of the wall-hanging.

I even already have an idea of how to quilt this critter.   Woohoo.........and it's well before the due date for a change.   Of course that is because I'm taking part in an Art Quilt Blog hop and needed something for that........lol.

Now where did I put my compass so I can draw all those circles......hmmmm.


Gratitudes:
1.  Off work early today to go vote

2.  A new commission received yesterday to make 4 pillows from a wedding gown.

3 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

You may find it very helpful to invest in an Olfa circular cutter - certainly makes it very easy to cut perfect circles up to a pretty large size. Otherwise, string and a pencil work well, especially if your circles are huge. Can't wait to see where this goes!!

Susan said...

The design looks great! I thought you already had your art quilt? I can just see those circles in the fabrics you mentioned. Looking forward to seeing more.

Claire said...

Missed this is October--sounds good! Working with silk sounds challenging.