"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Scrap Happy September

 I've been working with a lot of scraps this month,  but these are the two things that I can show.   =)

First finish is this little quilt top that started with the triangles in the center.  The prints and solid triangles came from the scrap bin at the quilt store.  Everything else was remnants from my stash.




And I made progress on this toddler quilt top.   Blocks are done.   Band in the middle was from a remnant.  Teddy bears were given to me as scraps. 

I still need to applique words onto the solid band.   Debating between "Sweet Dreams" or maybe  "You are Loved".   Still to be decided - size of letters (3 or 4 inches tall) and what color to make the letters.   Once I decide that then I can dig thru the scraps and find what is needed for the letters and finish off the top.


Gratitudes:
1.  Company paid some of what was owed to the employees this week so there's money in the bank again.

2.  There may be some clouds out but the sun is shining at the present time, so hopefully I'll be able to get my yard mowed today. 

3. A friend is fixing up an electric lawn mower and giving it to me.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wonderful gratitudes! I like both of these quilts. It's amazing what you did with your teddy scraps. =)

Anonymous said...

These are very cute and will make some toddlers very happy!