"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, March 19, 2018

2020 by 2020 - March 2018

There is a challenge being hosted by Pintangle to use 2020 different stitches, fabrics, embellishments (buttons, beads, threads, etc) by the end of December 2020.

I rarely do CQ anymore because of my hands, so I decided to make the challenge for myself to be to use 2020 different fabrics by the end of December 2020.  To that end I'm counting the number of fabrics in a project when it leaves my hands as a gift/donation or when it is finished if it is for myself.  I am also counting the number buttons, zippers or other miscellaneous stuff.

I'm not counting any interfacing or fleece/batting that I may use in making the projects.

Catching up on my totals for the first 2 1/2 months of the year:

*******

Cross-body Purse 1 (scrappy silks) - 18 fabrics, 1 button



Cross-body Purse 2 (scrappy batiks) - 17 fabrics, 1 button

Passport wallet prototype - 3 fabrics

Commissioned passport wallet (Peggy) - 2 fabrics, 2 d-rings, 2 clips, 1 button

Scrappy charms quilt top (given in trade for a handmade journal) - 66 fabrics

Baby Wall hanging - 9 fabrics, 2 buttons

Kitchen accessories - 11 fabrics, 1 button

Project for publication - 5 fabrics

Commissioned potholders, set 1 - 2 fabrics

Potholder - 2 fabrics

Art challenge quilt - 5 fabrics

Totals for the years -

Fabrics - 157
Buttons - 7
Zippers - 1
Other - 5

Gratitudes:
1. A stash that has most anything I need in it.

2. Working sewing machines!


1 comment:

Susan said...

That's a good start on your 2020! Sew, are you using the Elna for all this? I was thinking about that earlier today. Is it paid off yet? I almost bought one on closeout last August in Ohio, the model down a couple from yours. I resisted with the greatest of difficulty.