"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, March 19, 2018

New beginnings.....

Several new projects are either in progress or have fabric pulled for them.

First new project in progress is the purse that I need to make myself.  The exterior pockets are made and attached to the sides of the purse.  The top of the zippered pocket came out crooked, but it'll work and it's for me.   So I'm not going to worry about it.   This is the pocket where I'll keep my pens.  Also done is the upper pocket where I can slip papers into.  This needs to be done by the trip to the wedding.

Had to run to Joann's this past Friday to get fabric for a skirt for the wedding I'm headed to in a 12 days.

And I found a remnant this fabric in the remnant bin.  I thought the print would be perfect for some passport wallets.   I'll use it for the outer fabric and then make the lining, binding and pockets our of a coordinating print.  Will put them up for sale once finished.

These two fabrics are what I'll be using for the next commissioned passport wallet.  Outer fabric is the frogs, lining and binding the polka dots.  Polka dots was a remnant that I found and that happened to be perfect for this project because my customer loves polka dots and loved the prototype wallet i made with the frogs.   The frog print was a remnant and scraps that I had from a long ago scrub top that I'd made several yrs ago.

Gratitudes:
1. Fabrics that inspire creativity.

2. For the knowledge that God will provide a house for me, after having to terminate the contract on the one I'd hoped to buy.


1 comment:

Susan said...

I like the look of your purse, so far. The fabric for the skirt isn't here? I think your wallets are going to sell well! eBay or Etsy?