"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, March 5, 2018

Rabbit Trails......

I admit it, I'm easily distracted by new ideas and projects more often than I really should be and I'm always looking for projects that are easy and quick to do that could be sold for extra money.  When I bought the pattern that I'm going to use to make a purse for myself, I also bought one that was for travel accessories.   There are two different types of passport carriers - a little bag w/neck strap and a wallet style, along with a little shoulder bag.   All were designed to be used with leather.

Yesterday I played around with a few of my scraps and made the wallet style in quilted cottons.  Folded it finished out at 10" tall by 6" wide, and about 1/2" thick. 

I added the external pocket to it shown with my phone in it.  This pocket is padded.   But next version I think I'll just add a pocket with a zipper to it that could be used for a phone if desired or change.  A zipper running vertically would make for a decent sized pocket.


Wallet opened up flat showing the outside.   Froggy fabric is by Timeless Treasures and is out of print now.   It was a scrap left over from a set of scrubs.  Binding was from a FQ that had a chunk cut out of it.
Inside with two pockets on the left for travel documents and paper money.  Pocket for a pen in the center.   Two pockets on the right for passport and credit cards.  Striped lining fabric was a scrap from another FQ.  Pocket on the right has RFID fabric in the pocket.
Pic of wallet, with stuff in pockets.

Still to be added to this one - a button & loop closure and a removable strap.

Future ones I make will have the RFID in the cover of the wallet as well as in the on pocket.

All in all, this project was easy and inexpensive to make.  And hopefully when I start making them to sell, will sell w/o a problem.

Now to decide if I want to make them out of the numerous pieces of novelty print fabrics that I have or other kinds of prints.

Gratitudes:

1. Sunshine today!

2. It's Monday and the start of a whole new week.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I definitely like that! I will need one if I ever get my passport renewed!