"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, March 1, 2018

March Goals and Projects

This past week I've been able to finish up a couple of major projects both of which were goals for February.   Both my publication project and my wall hanging for the art quilt challenge are in the mail.   And the publication one has been received by the magazine safe and sound.  And I am now looking forward to the next projects on my horizon.

The next commissioned project is a set of 5 pillow covers for a friend in Phoenix using these fabrics.  The print will be the front, and the one on the left the backing for them.  I'm planning on making them in an envelope style with a button closure to hold them closed.   And that way she can use them on either side.

I also have two more potholders to make for the current commission in the works, but am waiting for the needed fabric to arrive in the mail sometime this week.   Hoping to get those finished up this weekend.  Also potential is a commission for 8 more fruit pie/cobbler potholders.  Need to check if those are going to be wanted or not.

Next up is a project for myself - yes wonders never cease....lol.   I need to make myself a new purse (well actually I've needed one for about a year now) because the tote I had been using has a broken strap.   So my need just became urgent.   This is needed before I leave for my niece's wedding the end of the month.

The main part of the new purse will be one of these two denims from my stash.  The one on the left is a tone-on-tone floral print, and the other one has polka dots on it.   Eventually I'll use both in a purse, but just need to decide which one to use first.

I'm going to use the messenger bag version in this Vogue pattern as a base for my purse.  I do plan to adapt it to what I want/need which means adding more pockets to it and maybe an internal divider.   Can you tell I like my purse organized?

I also plan to add pieced sections into the outside of the purse for added interest and probably will use either some of the batik or the fairy frost scraps that I have for this.  When i picked this up, I also bought a pattern that included a travel wallet (ie passport holder) that I'm considering making from some of my snail or kitty print fabric.

In both of them I will be using the RFID blocking fabric to add an extra layer of security since so many things now have chips in them.   The RFID fabric helps to block any one trying to scan cards to try to steal credit card numbers.   This will be the first time I'll have sewn with it, but I shouldn't have any problem with it.  I do plan to start adding it to my little bags and similar items that I make for sale.

This wall hanging also needs to be finished now that the shower has been held and the back signed.  Thankfully this isn't too big, so hopefully won't take me long to finish up this month.  (yes, that is first and middle name on the blocks)

And the final big project that I have for the month of March is to get the wedding quilt bound.   It is back from the quilter and waiting for me to bind and label it.  =) 

Oh and I still need to continue looking for a place to move to............sigh...........

Gratitudes:
1. The rain is supposed to be stopping for a few days so we might dry out some here in N. TX

2. My nieces wedding present is back from the quilter and ready to be bound and looks wonderful!  Now to get it bound.

4 comments:

FunThreads Designs said...

Cute purse pattern. And cute little lion

Debra Dixon said...

Lovely pillow fabric!

Marti said...

That will be a nice looking purse. I never thought of putting RFID cloth in a purse but that is a great idea. btw, I'm in N.Tx too!

Anonymous said...

March looks full! I like both of the denims, but I'm thinking floral first, because of the wedding? Those pillows will be gorgeous! I should have you make some for me. I should save up for a new sofa! LOL