"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, March 19, 2018

Weekend Finishes

The Aurifil designer block of the month for March caught my eye and I took a detour this weekend to make one.   It is paper-pieced and if you're interested the pattern link is given in this blog post on the Aurifl website.   For those that make a block, you can post a picture of it and enter to win a 12-spool assortment of Aurifil thread.













My finished block will be going with these three blocks.   These were all block samples from several years ago.  The top one was published by QuiltMaker in one of their 100 Blocks issues, the middle one was submitted to them, but not selected.   And the bottom one was a design I used in the quilt I did for the Michael Miller challenge I took part in.

Also over the weekend I worked on sewing the binding down on the wedding quilt.  I'm almost 25% of the way complete on it at this point.















Final project I worked is this flannel quilt top.    The center of it was from scraps I had picked up at my local quilt store.  The floral is a Marcus Brothers flannel that I picked up as a precut at Tuesday M Morning (have also found some Benartex jelly rolls, charm squares and FQ assortments at it as well). Both were bought independently but work so nicely together.  Saturday I went back to the store for border fabric and ended up with fabric from the same line. 

I've already pulled fabric for a backing for this and it will be finished and sent off as a donation for the Hands 2 Help challenge this year.

Gratitudes:

1. Being able to help others as I've been blessed in the past

2. For beautiful spring weather.


1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm thinking that last quilt has a modern edge to it. =) I like the look of the 4th block you chose for your project.