"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Finished Early

.......the wedding quilt that is, with 10 days to spare before the wedding, yippee.   View one of the quilt.

 More of the front of the quilt. Will get a better pic when I give it to my niece.












Back of the quilt and the label.   Used an extra wide print I had in my stash for the backing.

 And the "excitement", aka finding several tears in one 4" square on the quilt when it came home from the quilter a couple of weeks ago.  Needless to say I was not happy with myself for not having caught them as I was making the quilt.
 So because I couldn't take out the section, I cut 4 hearts out and using fusible applique added them to all four corners of the quilt, and then used a buttonhole stitch to stitch them down.

Fabric count for the project -

Approximately 230 different fabrics were used to make this quilt.  Bringing my total for the year up to 387 fabrics used.


Gratitudes:
1. For being able to fix the problem with the quilt

2. For more houses slowly coming onto the market these days

3 comments:

Joyce Carter said...

I really love the quilt. It has both my favorite blocks in it. And the colors are beautiful.
Wow! Sorry to hear about the tears but I am so glad you were able to fix it. The applique just adds another beautiful element to the back.

Farm Quilter said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I had a customer's quilt on the frame and found a tear...I talked with her about via email (she mails me her quilts). I used some fusible under the tear to seal it and then made sure I quilted over the tear several times (thankfully I was doing custom quilting and could adjust). I did put a safety pin by it so she could see it when I sent it back. Your solution to applique the hearts on the corners is perfect and no one will ever know. Still praying about your housing situation!

Anonymous said...

10 days extra? What will you do with all that time instead? LOL It's a gorgeous finish, and they are so lucky to have you make it for them. Clever solution to the tear problem. A house is coming your way, I just know it!