"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Balance

Balance - we all need this and it's one of the things that seems to be missing right now in my life, especially in what i need to be getting done when I'm not at work.

While I've got the blog postings to keep track of long-term and immediate goals for the year in a variety of areas, I wrote down everything on paper that is in more immediate need (as in the next 4-6 weeks) of being worked on and/or completed.   Sigh, was rather eye-opening because most of it is commissioned work or not for me (whether for me or for a gift).   

Now one of these items should be done tonite.....and I'm aiming to get two more of them done by the time the coming weekend is over with, and once done then I'll be paid for the jobs.....but still.....sigh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the work that is brought my way because it's helping me pay off debt.  But it would still be nice to have time to work on something for me.....or get ahead on gifts....and thinking of gifts, it's time to start thinking about BD gift(s) for my mom....lol.....

Gratitudes:
1. The end of the overall commission is in sight!

2. Got to leave work early yesterday

2 comments:

Susan said...

I know you are thankful for the work, but I also know it will be nice when there's not so much pressure from both commissions and the debt. You are paying down a lot, and will get there before I do, I bet. It will be nice to do more for yourself then.

Farm Quilter said...

As Dave Ramsey says, you are in the beans and rice stage, working with gazelle intensity to get that debt paid off. Wonderful feeling when that last bill is paid off!! You are living like no one else right now so you can live like no one else when your debt is gone!! I know how it feels to only be doing creative things for others and nothing for yourself...not the best feeling - maybe you can sneak in a little something for yourself??!!!