"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Scrap-Happy April

Lots of fun with scraps this month as I worked with some bonus HST's leftover from a wedding quilt I made last year and scrap strips from the stash.

These are "blanks" that will be used to make Christmas stockings from. 

The three 'blanks' made from squares came about because I ended up with too many strip sets and just couldn't see them going to waste or ending up back in the UFO bin.

Two of them will end up going for  commissioned order that is due around the end of July.  The remaining ones will be finished off and sold.

Scraps leftover from cutting the stockings will end up in quilted postcards.


Kate and Gun host a monthly blog hop featuring the use of scraps.  Check out what everyone in the hop has done with their scraps this month.

KateGun, TittiHeléneEvaSue, Nanette, Lynn,
Lynda, Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy, Debbierose, Tracy, Jill, Claire, JanKaren,
 Moira (me!), SandraLindaChrisNancy, Alys, Kerry, Claire, Jean, JohannaJoanne, Jon, HayleyDawn, Gwen, Connie, Bekki and Pauline



Gratitudes:
1. For the blessing of commissioned work and how it is abundant this year

2. For a stash that has most any color and type of fabric that I could want

4 comments:

Quilting Tangent said...

Pretty use of scrapes.

Kate Chiconi said...

Great idea! I never seem to get any leftover blocks to do clever things with, and this is such an original idea. They remind me of Delft tiles, so pretty.

tialys said...

Yes! I was going to say they reminded me of little Delft tiles too. Lovely!

K Reeves said...

I love the two triangle blanks, they are wonderful! I have been keeping my "bonus" triangles from blocks and I hope to do something with them. This gives me some ideas!