"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Final commissioned totes completed!

This weekend I finished off two commissions.   The first one I don't have pics of - two pairs of pants were hemmed for a friend at church.   Nope not something that I normally do, but he's a good friend and had given me a mower last year so that I wouldn't have to buy one.  So I didn't mind doing them for him.

The other commission that I finished up was the big one that I'd been working on the first three months of the year.   The last bit were these 5 small totes, and 7 denim heart ornaments.


Three totes, pieced from smaller sections of the overalls and denim shirts.  All have pockets added to the front of them.
 Backing of the three totes.   Straps on the top two were the straps on the final pair of overalls.

 These were made from the seat section of the final pair of overalls.   Because of where the brads fell on the top of the backs I ended up facing the top of the denim with extra wide, single-fold bias tape.








Backing of these two totes.


Gratitudes:

1. For this commission and all that it has enabled me to pay off.

2. For the new commissions that are coming in.

3 comments:

Susan said...

That was a lot of work, but oh so wonderful for her to have, and you to pay off a bill! Congratulations on that huge finish, and on to the next one. =)

K Reeves said...

Well done! That was a lot of work, and done with love too. I hope your commission is a big one!

K Reeves said...

Well done! That was a lot of work, and done with love too. I hope your commission is a big one!