"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

New start & finish

About 6 wks or so ago I went to the grand opening of a new quilt store with a quilt friend.  It's a tiny shop (as in it has less fabric than I do in my stash!), but I did find this quilt panel and loved it.  The store had it made up into a pillow, but I decided to make a wall hanging with it.  I added buttons to represent all the places that I've lived over the years.

There are 3 buttons that represent more than one town/city - AZ (Phoenix and Mesa), MA (Malden and Woburn - both just to the north of Boston). and TX (Rowlett, Garland, and Greenville).

The back was pieced from the coordinating charm pack, and then bound with a Moda Grunge that went with all of it.

The quilting was designed to look along the lines of  a topographical map.

Gratitudes:

1. For all the friends that I've made everywhere that I've lived. 

2. For those friends that I've made over the years that I'm still in contact with.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That looks pretty amazing, Moira, and it's personalized so you're keeping it! Yay!