"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, April 26, 2019

Hands 2 Help 2019

I finished up the last of three quilts for the 2019 Hands 2 Help challenge this week.   All of them will be going to Jack's Basket which is a group that gives a basket of goodies to families who have a baby with Down's Syndrome.  More can be read about the organization by clicking here.

This is the first quilt finished, and it started with blocks I made to test out new quilt designs yrs ago.

This was the second quilt finished.  The center was pieced from orphan blocks that I had picked up in a scrap bag from a quilt store at some point.   All other fabrics in the top were either from remnants and my novelties.
Backing for the quilt was from two remnants that had been in the stash.
And the third and final quilt for this year.  Orphan blocks and an orphan strip set formed the basis for this quilt.   Black was a remnant, and the backing below came from my novelty stash.


Gratitudes:
1. That the storm this week did not bring severe weather with the 24 hrs of constant rain.

2. For the gift of being able to bless others through my quilting

6 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Great quilts!

e said...

These are fantastic. I love them all!!!

Sarah Craig said...

Your quilts are lovely, Moira - sure to bring a lot of joy! Thanks for being part of H2H this year!

Susan said...

How did I miss this one? They are all great, and I don't remember seeing the last one. Yay!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Super cute finishes that will become quilty hugs!

JanineMarie said...

I love how orphan blocks come together to make beautiful quilts that will bring joy. Wonderful group of quilts!