"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

June - Project List and Goals

Got several things finished up this month, and made progress on others.   I'll be house & critter sitting for about 6 weeks starting the end of June, and my plans at this point including getting at least 4 quilts quilted and bound, and hopefully several of the tops that I've made to sell as well.

Completed -
  1. Three 36" square quilts made for Hands 2 Help for Jack's Baskets.  These were made from orphan blocks and scraps, with all from stash.  - Completed and mailed off
  2. Quilted Pillow Shams - Completed and mailed off in time for the opening of the wedding presents
  3. Repair Skirt for SN's Friend - completed and mailed off
  4. Riley Blake / MQG Challenge Quilt - Completed and designed


Commissions -
  1. 16" pillow from bodice of wedding dress for KA- Sleeves have been removed and trying to figure out the best way to clean the discolored lace on the bodice now
  2. 4 or 5 10" ring bearer pillows from wedding dress for KA
  3. Christmas stockings for J and J for RG, due no later than July 2019- I know the style she wants now, just need to piece at least one more "blank" and might do two so that the fabrics in them are the same.



UFO's planning on completing -
  1. Eye Spy (H-Blocks) (For family who lost all in Campfire wildfire) - Top Finished
  2. Eye Spy (Snowball blocks) (For family who lost all in Campfire wildfire) - Top Finished
  3. Old time Baseball quilt (For family who lost all in Campfire wildfire) - Top Finished
  4. Teddy Bear, full-sized
  5. Scrappy snail (to be sold)
  6. Scrappy kitten (to be sold)
  7. Scrappy puppies (to be sold)
  8. Wolf (to be sold)
  9. Whale and Anchor baby quilt (to be sold?)
  10. Perhaps pull out a set or two of UFO blocks and put into tops

New starts/ Ongoing projects - 
  1. Outfit for munchkin (early BD present) - in progress
  2. BD card for a friend turning 60
  3. Cross-stitch wallhanging needed for a shower gift (shower is for a couple who have adopted a couple of kids) - in progress
  4. Quilt top from Susan (For family who lost all in Campfire wildfire) - Top Finished
  5. Maze (strings and 3-d bowtie blocks) (planning to submit for possible publication) - Still only half assembled
  6. Snail quilt for me - In Progress, Top third now together, assembly on middle third has started
  7. Make the planned curtains using my F2F blocks
  8. Batik string blocks, no plan for them yet - In slow progress
  9. Make setting for Bear Family Album and write up for pattern
  10. 2019 Row-by-Row possible....not sure on this theme, but I do like winning....lol....
  11. Develop better photography skills for use in my quilting

BOM - 
  1. Release Marine Bear - Sample block made
  2. Release Coast Guard Bear - Sample block made
  3. Release Air Force Bear - Sample block made
  4. Release Setting
  5. Decide on next BOM Theme
Quilts to Sell - 

Realistically go through my quilts and think about whether I really want them or have a place to use them and sell the ones that I don't.

Think about trying to sell my longarm.......

Gratitudes:
1. for the cane that helps stabilize me when the knee hurts

2. for being able to pay the bills even when pay checks are weeks behind..........

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sell your longarm? Really? Wow, I wouldn't have anticipated that! You have a lot of goals there, and are making progress. Best of luck in June!

I thought I was all caught up, but you posted a new one while I was catching up. LOL