"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, June 28, 2019

Ice Cream Shake for a Summer Day, Row-by-Row Progress #2

The third row is complete except for the final embellishment of button "cherries" on top of the shakes. 

Pattern was from  The Quilt Asylum in Van Alstyne, Tx.  Nice store, but too far north for me to regularly stop there.

I used tonal fabrics from my scrap bins for all three shakes instead of the solids the sample used, and the drinks are sitting on a marble counter top.  The background fabric will be used in at least one other block to help bring continuity to the final quilt.

Row will be 12" by 27" when finished.


Gratitudes:

1. For ice so I can have cold water on a hot summer day.

2. For the enjoyment found in quilting.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, that's a nice one, too. I like it. Maybe we can do a shop hop of the far ones together one of these days.