"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, June 3, 2019

New Projects

Several existing or new projects have seen progress made on the this past weekend.

Work started on the wedding dress pillows.  The sleeves have been removed.    Next step is to figure out if I can 'clean' the lace on the bodice to remove the discoloration in a couple of places on the lace.  I've been given a couple of ideas on what I might use to do this so now I need to find the products and see if they work. 

If they don't then I'll be cutting out the discolored areas (lace only, the satin underneath is fine) and appliqueing pieces in from one of the sleeves.
Then came working with these t-shirts - I needed to count them so that I could figure out how many logo's were on them in order to figure out the amount of fabric I was going to need for sashing and backing.   

Resulting count told me that there are enough for a 5 by 6 block layout.   Next up is figuring what size block I can make and then I can figure fabric needs.  This will need to be completed before October.

And the final project worked on was this little summer top for my great niece.  It will be an early BD present.   I still have the matching bloomers to make for it.

The pattern is easy enough but it is unlikely that I'll make this one again because of how much of the double-fold bias tape and rick rack trim is needed to make it (they cost more than the fabric!).  Aiming to finish this one before the end of this week so I can mail it off.

More new projects are yet to come -

-- something for my mom for her BD - late on this one.....oops
-- pillowcase for a support pillow for a very late bd present...still trying to find the pattern for this one...sigh
-- the commissioned stockings (due end of july)
-- the possible commissioned airplane quilt
-- multiple possible/probable memory quilts from a long-time friend
-- t-shirt quilt from a friend in an online quilt group I've been a part of for years

Enough to keep me busy for a while!

Gratitudes:
1. for the plentitude of commissioned work at the present time

2. For the variety of projects that I've got at the present

1 comment:

Susan said...

Variety is certainly a good thing! It will keep it from getting boring. That little dress is so cute. Lots of good projects to keep you interested, as you earn the money you aren't getting elsewhere. =P