"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, June 7, 2019

Snails Are Congregating

One more part of the bottom section is almost together.

Filler blocks at the top right of the section are from Sharon H., Debbie C, Elaine G, Karen W, Jean I, and Lois G.   All friend from the one quilt list. 

The snail in the bottom left corner were orphan swap blocks that were sent to me and the two that have names on them are from Sharon K (now Sharon H) and Marjorie Y. 

The shell of the upper left snail was made with charms from the Lotto quilt I made for the Sacramento get-together of the same group the signature blocks are from.

And as I get more of this last section together, I'm seeing that I won't have as many extra blocks as I had feared.   So they might end up pieced into the backing.  Or I might be lazy and find an inexpensive wide backing and use that. 

Once all the sections are together then I need to put a 4" or so border around the whole thing, but I haven't decided what I want to use for that.   Any ideas?

Gratitudes:
1. one paycheck (out of three behind) has been received and in perfect timing to pay bills for the rest of the month.  God's timing is perfect!

2.  Not running the AC to save on the utility bill is proving to be bearable.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm thinking a nice green grass border for all those snails to enjoy! Such a friendship quilt!

Farm Quilter said...

I'm so enjoying your snails!! So many fabrics and blocks make wonderful snails!! This will definitely be a memory quilt for you.