"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, June 3, 2019

Weekend Finishes

Finished a couple of things this past weekend. 

First up were two quilted postcards.  These started off with two matching mini pieces of cross-stitch.  The fabrics used on the tops of the cards were from my stash of Fairy Frost scraps that I had saved several yrs ago as I was making blocks for a contest held by Michael Miller Fabrics.

Backing fabric for the two cards.  One of the cards already has a destination....I just need to get it in the mail.

And I made two more 9" tall by 13.5" wide snail blocks for my snail quilt.   The shells were made with blocks from my friend Susan.  How fitting that the brown one is a friendship star since she's been a wonderful friend over all the years that I've known her.

The snails were made with scraps from my stash - the leaves were left over from a long ago fav fabric block swap, and the pink was a piece I had picked up in a scrap bag from a local quilt store.  Now time to start putting together the final section of the quilt.

Gratitudes:

1. For the memories that are in the blocks in this quilt.

2. For the fun of being able to find the fabrics I've needed for the blocks in my stash.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, those snails look wonderful! You are so kind. It's true we've been friends a long time - since Boston! I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. LOL What I really like is that the friendship goes both directions.

I like the postcards, too. Save the other one for the first week in October - National Postcard Week, or some such thing. Those blues look so good with the XS. Wonderful job there, too.