This weekend, I worked on two different UFO's. The first one was this table runner. The center block and a couple of oddball fabrics was all that made. I also had a fat-eighth of the oriental fabric left to work with. Because I've got a commission coming up that will feature origami swan blocks I decided to test the pattern that I'd drawn up for it, and also added an origami swan block to it finish out the runner. The border fabric was used in the two applique blocks and finished off the fabric from the pineapple table topper. The corner blocks are the 4 sections from one of the extra blocks that had. I'll quilt it at some point in the future.
The second UFO project I worked on was sewing these 4 patches together. They used up the blue/lime and purple/lime HST's that had been made months ago. The HST's are made from batik fabrics and I used a WOW from my stash with them. They will now go back up because I have not decided with how to set them together. I might go through my novelty print fabrics to find something that would work with these blocks and set them in a double 4-patch setting.
All fabric for these were out of my stash. =)
1. It's a long weekend with a holiday today, and a very short workweek for me!
2. Cool, rainy weather today.