"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, February 27, 2017

New Machine

Quilt Con has come and gone, and the trip to the show was great.   Had a fun time with my friend Susan.

Visited three lovely quilt shops while in the Savannah and Macon areas.  And came home with a few goodies from the shops.

Saw lots of lovely quilts at the show, took lots of pictures of them....(they will be written up when I've had time to work with the pics), and wandered through the vendors.  Enjoyed the lovely spring weather at lunch time and after we left the show each day.

Only spent a total of $5 cash at the show......but did spend a wee bit more than that when I financed the new sewing machine that I bought at the show.  Did a gulp at the thought of how expensive the machine is, but when I consider how many years I hold onto the machines the price becomes a lot more 'affordable'.  Did get a great deal at essentially 1/3 off of retail on the final price.  And yes, it means another flower on my 'paintings' or perhaps a new one.

It is being shipped to me so I won't actually have it until the end of this week at the earliest.  Am looking forward to getting it and using it.  =)   Pic below show the machine (and me with my new haircut) and the gals at the booth who sold it to me.  

It is an Elna eXcellance 780 and more info about it can be found here.


Gratitudes:
1. For all of the commissioned work that I have and is looking likely in the foreseeable future....will make paying the machine off easier.

2. For good travel to / from QuiltCon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And doing all that commissioned work will certainly be easier with that machine! You deserve it!

Candi said...

Elba! I had one, long time ago, and loved it! They're such a great machine. Congrats!! Hugs:)

KaHolly said...

Ah ha! A new machine! You're going to love it! Congratulations!