"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Fabric for Setting Blocks

I've started pulling fabrics for the setting blocks that I'll need for the commissioned teddy bear quilt.  The pattern for the setting blocks will be similar to that of what the quilts on this blog posting look like.

The center of the blocks will be this teddy bear print. I haven't a clue how many years I've had it, but it will have a good home in this quilt.





The person I'm making it for loves the color blue, so I'll be using lots of different blues around the center square of the bear print.

The three top fabrics in the picture to the right, and possibly one of the FQ's in the bottom picture, are also going to be used in the applique blocks for clothing.

Will be starting on these blocks this evening along with prepping the next applique block.

Gratitudes:
1. A glass desk at work that makes it easier to be able to sketch my patterns.

2. Lots of yummy fabrics to choose from.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That first gratitude made me smile! Great bear fabric. I've started cutting the strips for my setting blocks. I have the reds (hopefully enough, but there is more fabric available) and still need to do the white sides. As soon as I get the bear the right size, I know exactly how I'm going to make him.