"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, February 4, 2017

2017 BOM - Block 1 - BowTie Teddy

Block 1 of my 2017 is this Bow Tie Teddy.
He's going to a party and looks especially handsome with his polka-dot bow tie.

I used 4 different colors of fabric in this block for the applique.   I also chose to machine embroider over the eyes rather than just stitching around the edges.

Have fun with the block!

The pattern can be downloaded HERE.  You will be able to download it for free until the end of February.

I'd love to see pictures of your finished block, add your link below to share a link to your completed block!




Gratitudes:
1. A stash that has most any color of fabric I could want or need for my projects.

2. Being able to raid the stash at any time of the day or night instead of having to wait till a store is open.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Moira, I am trying new things and expanding on learning. Love this teddy bear block. Can't wait to try. Love hugs. ANITA

Anonymous said...

This is going to be so cute! I'm going to contrast my thread, I think. And use buttonhole stitch. I don't get along very well with satin stitching!

Eva said...

Thank you Moira for a beautiful BOM and your generosity for sharing your design. I will be following and making each block every month so that I can give the finish quilt to a special little newborn niece. Totally love this cute idea.

Eva