"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, February 18, 2017

UFO Day.........

Because I do a lot of block designing, I will make test blocks from most of my patterns to see how they work out before posting them or submitting them somewhere.  And that often results in a lot of UFO blocks that can accumulate.

To help with that problem I've been making them in a RWB palette most recently so that I can use the block in an American Hero quilt at some point in time.  =)    However, there are some older sample blocks that I didn't do this with and my sewing today started with one of those.

The center block on this table runner was a sample block from several years ago.   Today I made the two applique blocks  on either side of it using the bits of fabric that I still had of that oriental print.   The block on the left is an origami swan and the one on the right is an origami crane.   this now will go with the rest of my completed tops and I'll get it quilted at some point.  I'll probably end up selling it after it is finished.

I'll be using the swan pattern on the next commissioned quilt, and the crane as an applique on a t-shirt for a friend (commissioned by him).   I also have a friend who wants the swan pattern so that will need to be written up soon as well.   I'll release it to Craftsy.

And I've also got an idea for a quilt made from the center block.  Need to play around with designs on that so I can think about making it for a sample and a pattern.

Gotta love it when I can get a double punch when I design block patterns.

Gratitudes:

1. Celebrating the 50th birthday of a good friend tonite at an open house

2.  Got home safely today even though traffic was a bear

2 comments:

Nancy in IN said...

You get so much done. Do you ever sleep!!
I write in my diary daily and have followed your example and add one or two things I am grateful for. thanks for the idea
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Always worth celebrating a safe arrival home! I do like the pieced block, too, and bet there are several designs in setting that.