"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, February 3, 2017

2017 Block-of-the-Month -- General Information

In 2017 I will be posting a series of patterns for 12 applique teddy bear blocks for everyone to enjoy.   The blocks will be available for free for 1 month, and then available for sale on Craftsy for a nominal fee of $2.

There are no set colors of fabric in this BOM, so you can customize your bears to whatever color you would like to use.   I will be using various browns, tans, and golds for my bears.  I will be using scraps for any clothing and accessories the bears will have.  Because I'm not designing for set colors with this BOM, I will give generous fabric requirements  for each fabric required to make each block in the pattern for it.

The blocks will finish at 12".

The first block will be posted sometime this weekend.

Overall Fabric Requirements -

Background -
  • If using the same for all of them - 1.5 yards
  • If not using the same for all blocks, then you will need a 14" square for each block. 
Bears - 
  • You will need approximately a 12" square each month
Clothing and accesories
  • Will vary month to month, sizes will be given in each pattern



Gratitudes:

1. For the ability to design and create

2. For the night time leg cramps that remind me I have legs I can walk with.


4 comments:

Nancy in IN said...

Great. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Yay, looking forward to seeing those blocks come out!

Sue said...

Moira, I can relate to the night time leg cramping. Mine due to artery blockage which I did not even consider I had before diagnosis. Annoying, yes, but I have legs and can still walk and stand so yes. grateful for that too. I quilt for a local hospice and children's hospital so will really enjoy bringing those bears to life for the little ones. Thank you so much. Sue

Moira said...

You're welcome Sue! What a great use for the bears. I'm sure the kids will love them.