"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, February 6, 2017

Thinking and Planning......

One of my best quilting friends and I are in an annual Shoebox swap and have been for yrs now.   It's a swap where each person decides on 2 colors (or prints) of FQ's that they would like to receive at the end of the swap yr, and a couple (or more) other things are included in the box.  I almost always end up buy half-yd pieces and then splitting them in half.

This year, due to circumstances, my friend and I ended up with the box I had prepared for my swap partner last year.   The fabrics the original intendee had chosen were snowmen and red/white fabrics.

So we decided to challenge each other to make something from them this year.   It only has to be a top, not a finished quilt.   

In looking through the most recent Hancock's of Paducah catalog I found inspiration for the Red on White and White on Red prints that I had bought.   It is the Near and Deer quilt that you can see by clicking here.      To the right is my interpretation of the layout for it that I've come up with in colors.  The sketch isn't full size, but gives the idea of how I'm envisioning this quilt to look when finished.

I'm planning on donating the finished quilt top to American Heroes, hence the color scheme.

Gratitudes:

1. Beautiful, warm weather

2. Good suggestions for places to hike reasonably close to where I live from friends here in the area

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! That'll be great for American Heroes. I am making something for me. I'm a little nebulous about the stitching parts, but the blocks will be smaller log cabins. I guess I better get my plan posted this week!