"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Recounting...........

Continuing to count the UFO's as they surface, I could really get overwhelmed if I allowed it.  As of today I'm showing:


  • 53 quilt tops of various sizes from mug rugs to queen-sized quilts
  • 28 sets of blocks, mainly from swaps.  Sets range in numbers from 11 (made by me, but were rejects for a swap) to over 100 in a couple of sets (yikes!).  Sizes range from 6" to 12" finished blocks.
  • 23 commissioned scrub tops that have been cut out since last summer
  • 38 or so cross-stitch pieces that have the stitching finished but I've never made anything with them.  (The smaller ones of these are what I've been making mug rugs or snack mats out of.)

What hasn't been counted and added to my spreadsheet yet are the projects I've had in my umpteen project totes (the ones by Artbin, both the super satchel bin and the double deep bin).   I know I've got several more UFO's tucked away in those, most if not all are not in the spreadsheet so that I can keep track of them or actually work on them.  Need to get that done as I clean up and sort through stuff around the house.

I think there may be more things tucked away in one or more totes as well, but until I can manage to get through all of my quilty totes I won't know for sure.

Thankfully, one UFO at at time I can make progress on getting these numbers whittled down.  And I really need to look at the blocks and see if I really want to work with them all or get rid of them somehow (sell or giveaway).

Gratitudes:

1. Everything doesn't have to be done instantly

2. Understanding customers when I don't get things done quickly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a lot to contemplate all at once, but you know how to eat an elephant!

Jo said...

Yikes!

Everytime I think I have them all on a list, I remember one or two more UFOs. I was thinking of numbering them and using a random number generator. Sometimes I just get paralyzed trying to decide which one to buckle down and complete!